When you’re finished using Bartleby Write to research, draft, edit, and cite your paper, Bartleby Write will automatically generate an APA formatted title page for you to use with your final version.
Generating your APA title page is easy; just open the draft details form from the Essay Editor tab of Bartleby Write:
- Enter the Title and Author (or Authors) in the Draft Details section.
- Add the Department, Course Name and Number, Instructor, and Due Date in the Course Details section.
- Choose Download Draft or Print from the Bartleby Write Editor File menu.
- Choose the Title Page option in the Download or Print dialog.
Bartleby will check to make sure you’ve completed the Draft and Course details and then generate an APA title page along with your essay.
Detailed Guide to Generating Your APA Title Page
While easy to do, there are a few details to pay attention to as you prepare to generate your title page.
Open the Draft Details Form
The first step is to open the draft details form to access and complete the information required for your title page. The form is accessed by clicking on the title block at the top of the essay editor. The title block will either contain the title of your paper (if you’ve already updated it) or the text “Untitled Draft” followed by a pencil icon.
Use the title block to access and update the Draft Details for your paper.
Completing the Draft Details
The form will open to show the Title and Author Names fields:
Fill in all the relevant details for your paper in the Draft Details form.
Enter the title of your paper exactly as it should appear on the title page. Note: Use Title Case for the title (always capitalize the first word and all non-articles in the title).
Enter the name of the author of the paper (probably you) as you’d like it to appear. If your paper has exactly two authors, list them both separated by the word “and”; if there are more than two authors, place a comma between each author name and use “and” before the final author name.
Completing the Course Details
Once you’ve updated the title and authors, open the Course Details form by clicking on the plus sign (+) next to the Course Details label:
Use the Course Details form to update all vital information about your course.
Enter both the name of your course’s department and college or university, separated by a comma.
Course Name and Number
Enter the course number for your class and the course name, separated by a colon.
Add the name of the instructor as listed in the course catalog or syllabus.
The Writing Prompt is not required for the APA title page, so it’s optional for this application. If you entered it for use with Bartleby Research or just to record it, you don’t need to remove it as it won’t affect your draft.
Enter the date that your paper is due in the format commonly used in your country. Be sure to fully spell out the name of the month as there is plenty of space.
Printing or Downloading Your Title Page
The APA title page can be included as the first page of your draft when you download or print your paper. You can find both the Download Draft and Print options on the File menu in the Bartleby Write editor.
Download Draft Form
Using the download draft form is straightforward; simply choose your desired format, make sure the Title Page option is selected, and choose download.
Save a copy of your draft to your device, Google Docs, or MS Word using the Download Draft form.
The print form is also easy to use, just be sure to choose the “Print with Title Page” option.
Use the Print form to get a physical copy of your paper with the title page.
The Final Product
Here’s a sample of the final product using the sample data detailed above.
Get the title page of your paper in the APA format using the Bartleby Write tool.
Getting the Most Out of Your Bartleby Title Page
Beyond the basics, here are a few things to keep in mind as you generate your title page:
- When printing, your system’s print option may include unwanted headers or footers. You can usually turn off any unwanted print features by adjusting the settings within the print dialog.
- The download format for Device (.txt) and MS Word do not preserve spacing and other formatting. Note that Bartleby Write will include all of the Title Page data, so you can use your favorite editor to adjust the formatting after downloading.
- Remember that the Title, Author (or Authors), Department, Course Name and Number, Instructor, and Due Date are all required before you can generate your title page. Bartleby Write will display an error message and direct you to complete any missing data before allowing you to use the option.
Now that you have a complete draft, including a properly-formatted title page, you should be ready to turn in your paper with confidence. Good luck and be sure to return to Bartleby Write when you’re ready to work on your next writing assignment.